- Supports most US and EU systems with five wires: C, R, W, Y, G (Common, Red, White, Yellow, Green)
- New responsive LCD UI with improved functionality
- Mains (100-240V AC) and HVAC (24V AC) support (depending on model)
- Two stage heating support
- Celsius and Fahrenheit supported
- 3.5″ LCD single-point touch screen snaps on RaspberryPi GPIO header
- WiFi b/g/n Internet connectivity
- Raspberry Pi Zero Inside
- Running OpenHAB 2 platform
- 4 solid state relays can control (depending on model) heating, 2nd stage heating, AC, fan, humidity or hot water
- BME280 sensor support
- Dedicated LCD male header allows easier installation
- Improved MQTT support – most external variables are now accessible
- Websockets support
- New App UI allows control of all functions (heating, cooling, fan, humidity control and 2nd stage heating – depending on model) plus the following:
- Change timezone
- Change between °C and °F unit
- Change between HVAC – US and Generic – EU
- Select Humidify/Dehumidify function
- 2nd stage heating custom parameters
- Shutdown and reboot
- One-click update from GitHub server
- Backup/restore configuration
- Info page with the following:
- Public IP
- Local IP
- WiFi SSID used
- WiFi signal strength
- WiFi MAC address
- CPU Temp/Load
- Used Disk space
- Modular design for easy future upgrades and troubleshooting
- Can work with Google Home and Amazon Alexa
|1. Modular PSU||6. Reset pin|
|2. MicroUSB (power + data)||7. 4x Relays|
|3. MicroSD card||8. Sensor connector|
|4. Raspberry Pi||9. Reset button|
|5. LCD Connector + GPIO||10. Terminals|
Sensor range (min/max)
2-part 3D printed case
3.5″ LCD resistive touch screen
Raspberry Pi Zero W
Broadcom BCM2835 @ 1GHz, Single-core CPU
16GB microSD loaded with latest software updates
> 802.11 b / g / n Wireless LAN
> Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy (BLE)
Bosch BME280 I²C
Relative Humidity: 0-100%RH
Temperature: ±0.5 °C
Relative Humidity: ±3 %RH
2 A, 110-250 V AC
Relays are for AC loads only (as standard for all HVAC systems), no DC loads
Less than 3W. That means less than 5GBP or 5USD per year!
>12 cm x 13.5 cm x 3.8 cm
>200 grams (EU), 225 grams (US)
Please note that bottom side of PCB, microHDMI, USB for power and camera are physically blocked
Terminal Block Wiring
|C(N)||C – Common wire||Neutral|
|R(L)||R – Red||Live|
|W(W)||W – White||Hot water|
|Y(H)||Y – Yellow||Heating|
|G(Hum)||G – Green||Humidity|
|W2||Two-stage furnace||Two-stage furnace|
US vs. EU: Which option is right for me?
HestiaPi Touch is available in two options: US or EU. These determine the power supply input voltage (US: 24V AC, EU: 100-240V AC). The US option supports the C (common) wire in HVAC systems. Even if you live in the US, you may live in a house that does not support the C-wire, so make sure to check which is the right option for you.
US-HVAC Model Hookup (24V AC)
EU Model Hookup (100-240V AC)
No Need to Trade Privacy for Convenience
Our homes are becoming ever more enhanced with complex technologies. With proper automation and coordination of these technologies, our lives will become easier and more comfortable. Coming home after work to find a warm home with hot water ready to use is convenient. However, the very automation that affords us these conveniences also strips us of our privacy by constantly harvesting data about us and shipping it off to companies for marketing and other purposes.
We wanted a home automation solution that preserves our privacy and security, has all the features we need, and is available at a reasonable price. So, we did what engineers do in these situations: we spent time and brain cells to design and develop (and redesign and iterate) what would fit most of the people in the most economical way. As the number of pilot users increased, more features kept being added (and more bugs were squashed). Finally, we reached a point where HestiaPi covers most people’s needs out of the box and almost everyone else’s needs with just a bit of modification.
Open Source Benefits
HestiaPi is ready for makers, hackers, and developers. Because it’s open source, you can:
- Control your own data
- Fix your own hardware with off-the-shelf components
- Add hardware to fit your needs
- Run the software you want
- Patch security fixes first
- Run a custom distro or software
- Check open ports, services, and logs
- Create a custom enclosure to fit your location
Designed for Expandability
HestiaPi’s open nature begs for expansion. So far, we have prototyped wireless sensor modules for sensing CO, CO2, various other gases, dust (PM2.5), smoke, temperature, relative humidity, wind speed and direction, water level, water leak, proximity, PIR motion, and magnetic contacts. We’ve also prototyped controlling and monitoring standard relays, power relays, electric motors, water pumps, sirens, lights, and RGB LED strips.
A series of smaller projects are scheduled to deliver the most popular expansions, so you can start building your desired home automation on top of HestiaPi. For less techy people, Sonoff, M5Stack, and other manufacturers already offer solutions that can easily integrate with HestiaPi’s ecosystem.
Easy-to-use Interface Control
Use HestiaPi’s attractive touchscreen to control the device.
HestiaPi has an easy-to-use, touchscreen interface.
We Support openHAB
HestiaPi is based on the openHAB platform. Use the platform’s accessible web and mobile interface to control HestiaPi.
Most of the cool things HestiaPi can do are because of openHAB. For every HestiaPi purchased a small amount goes back to openHAB Foundation e.V.
openHAB UX, from right to left: iOS, Android Light
Compatible with Google Home and Amazon Alexa
OpenHAB already supports your favourite assistants, so you can easily add HestiaPi to your existing ecosystem.
How HestiaPi Compares
|HestiaPi Touch||Nest||ecobee4||tado°||Honeywell Lyric||Hive|
|User Interface||Touchscreen & app||Touchscreen & app||Touchscreen & app||Buttons & app||Touchscreen & app||Buttons & app|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet (w/ additional adapter)||Wi-Fi only||Wi-Fi only||Ethernet only with Internet bridge||Wi-Fi only||Wi-Fi only|
|Works with Alexa, Google Home||Both||Both||Both||Both||Both||Both|
|US/EU||Both||Both||US only||EU only||EU only||EU only|
|Power Type||Mains, AC, C wire support||Mains, AC, C wire support||C wire only||Batteries||No C wire support, mains, AC||Batteries|
|Privacy||Only you control your data||Google controls your data||ecobee controls your data||tado° controls your data||Honeywell controls your data||Hive controls your data|
|Home Automation Integration||Any API or open platform||Check compatibility list||No||No||No||Very limited|
|ESP8266 and Sonoff/Tasmota Support||Yes/Yes||No/No||No/No||No/No||No/No||No/No|
Please read the documentation before purchase and installation and make sure you know what you are doing.
You must be logged in to post a comment.